From Jeremiah D Jordan <jeremiah.jor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 1.0.9 to 1.2.8
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 17:28:49 GMT
You probably want to go to 1.0.11/12 first no matter what.  If you want the least chance of
issue you should then go to 1.1.12.  While there is a high probability that going from 1.0.X->1.2
will work. You have the best chance at no failures if you go through 1.1.12.  There are some
edge cases that can cause errors if you don't do that.

-Jeremiah

On Aug 30, 2013, at 11:41 AM, Mike Neir <mike@liquidweb.com> wrote:

> In my testing, mixing 1.0.9 and 1.2.8 seems to work fine as long as there is no need
to do streaming operations (move/repair/bootstrap/etc). The reading I've done confirms that
1.2.x should be network-compatible with 1.0.x, sans streaming operations. Datastax seems to
indicate here that doing a rolling upgrade from 1.0.x to 1.2.x is viable: