From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: Secondary Index Question
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:36:22 GMT
Yup, there are other types of indexing like that in PlayOrm which do it differently so all
nodes are not hit so it works better for instance if you are partitioning your data and you
query into just a single partition so it doesn't put load on all the nodes.  (of course, you
have to have a partition strategy to partition by say month with key being the timestamp of
begin of month or maybe you partition by account as you only query into accounts).

It is feasible to roll your own as well.  (though you do need to worry about eventual consistency
here when rolling your own)

Later,
Dean

From: Kanwar Sangha <kanwar@mavenir.com<mailto:kanwar@mavenir.com>>
Date: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:57 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Secondary Index Question

Hi – I was reading some blogs on implementation of secondary indexes in Cassandra and they
say that “the read requests are sent sequentially to all the nodes” ?

So if I have a query to fetch ALL records with the secondary index filter, will the co-ordinator
node send the requests to nodes one by one ?

Thanks,
Kanwar