From Suruchi Deodhar <>
Subject Re: Deleting column data from Cassandra without setting its TTL
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 18:38:28 GMT
We are using the cassandra thrift interface to interact with Cassandra.

In our use case, we store time-series data with one column per day (per
row-key) , and we have a fixed number of column families to store data over
time. Since we have data for hundreds of days, we cannot create
column-families for individual time-ranges easily ( if that's what you're
suggesting). Is there another way we can achieve what we intend to do ?

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Arthur Zubarev <>wrote:

>   Not sure what client you use to interact with C*. In your scenario I
> assume it is CQL.
> So what can go wrong with TRUNCATE<>
> ?
> Regards