From Girish Kumar <girishkuma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Large # of Pending Tasks?
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 14:36:20 GMT
This is the 'Active Count' as observed on jconsole under
'org.apache.cassandra.request' ReadStage->Attributes.  Below details...

ActiveCount -> 12
..
Core Pool Size -> 192
Core Threads -> 192
CurrentlyBlockedTasks ->  0
MaximumThreads -> 192
PendingTasks -> 691
TotalBlockedTasks -> 0

I expect active count to go upto 192 as those many threads are available to
handle requests ? Am I missing reading something here?

I observe that Active Count never goes beyond 24 and Pending Tasks Count
keeps building up?

So question is what's the relation between Active count and max threads
available in the pool for execution?

Thanks,
/BK