incubator-cassandra-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andrey Ilinykh <ailin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up a multi-node cluster
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 05:53:35 GMT
To be sure ports are open try to connect from one node to  another:

telnet <node ip> 7000

try all ports.

Andrey


On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:41 PM, Dinesh <dinesh.gaddam@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I had my firewall disabled in both the nodes
> To make sure. I checked it
> # rcSuSEfirewall2 status
> Checking the status of SuSEfirewall2
>                                                                  unused
>
> if it's, on it says running
>
> Please suggest the further steps, where to look and troubleshoot, if you
> have any idea
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 2:34 AM, John Pyeatt <john.pyeatt@singlewire.com>wrote:
>
>> Have you verified that your firewall is configured for the cassandra
>> traffic. At the very least you need to make certain the following ports are
>> open between nodes: 7000, 7001, 7199, 9160, 61620 and 61621.
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Dinesh <dinesh.gaddam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In my case rpc_address in both the nodes is set to 0.0.0.0 which means
>>> it listens on all interfaces. it has a larger scope (to listen on all
>>> localhost, ipv4, hostnames, ipv6 addresses) than providing just the
>>> hostname/ipv4 addresses
>>>
>>> anyway I initially checked that, but it's the same exception I got in
>>> this case also
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Naresh Yadav <nyadav.ait@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> You would need to configure rpc_address also with hostname/ips on both
>>>> the nodes.
>>>>
>>>> Naresh
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Dinesh <dinesh.gaddam@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> I am trying to setup a two node Cassandra cluster
>>>>>
>>>>> Able to start the first node, but not seeing the following exception
>>>>> while starting the second node
>>>>>
>>>>> ERROR 17:31:34,315 Exception encountered during startup
>>>>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to contact any seeds!
>>>>>         at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.bootstrap(StorageService.java:947)
>>>>>         at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.joinTokenRing(StorageService.java:716)
>>>>>         at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.initServer(StorageService.java:554)
>>>>>         at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.initServer(StorageService.java:451)
>>>>>         at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.setup(CassandraDaemon.java:348)
>>>>>         at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.activate(CassandraDaemon.java:447)
>>>>>         at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.main(CassandraDaemon.java:490)
>>>>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to contact any seeds!
>>>>>         at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.bootstrap(StorageService.java:947)
>>>>>         at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.joinTokenRing(StorageService.java:716)
>>>>>         at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.initServer(StorageService.java:554)
>>>>>         at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.initServer(StorageService.java:451)
>>>>>         at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.setup(CassandraDaemon.java:348)
>>>>>         at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.activate(CassandraDaemon.java:447)
>>>>>         at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.main(CassandraDaemon.java:490)
>>>>> Exception encountered during startup: Unable to contact any seeds!
>>>>> ERROR 17:31:34,322 Exception in thread
>>>>> Thread[StorageServiceShutdownHook,5,main]
>>>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>>>         at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.stopRPCServer(StorageService.java:321)
>>>>>         at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.shutdownClientServers(StorageService.java:370)
>>>>>         at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.access$000(StorageService.java:88)
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> =============================
>>>>> My yaml configuration files have these modified
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> first node yaml
>>>>> ---------------
>>>>> initial_token: -9223372036854775808 # generated this using tokengen
>>>>> tool
>>>>> seeds: "10.96.19.207" # which is the IP of first node
>>>>> listen_address: 10.96.19.207 # which is the IP of first node itself
>>>>> rpc_address: 0.0.0.0
>>>>>
>>>>> second node yaml
>>>>> ----------------
>>>>> initial_token: 0
>>>>> seeds: "10.96.19.207" # which is the IP of first node
>>>>> listen_address: 10.96.10.223 # which is the IP of second node
>>>>> rpc_address: 0.0.0.0
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> ==================
>>>>>
>>>>> Can anyone please help me what went wrong with my configuration?
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards
>>>>> Dinesh
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>> Dinesh
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> John Pyeatt
>> Singlewire Software, LLC
>> www.singlewire.com
>> ------------------
>> 608.661.1184
>> john.pyeatt@singlewire.com
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Regards
> Dinesh
>

Mime
View raw message