From Tamar Rosen <ta...@correlor.com>
Subject Cassandra-shuffle fails
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 15:34:33 GMT
Hi,

We recently upgraded from version 1.1 to 1.2
It all went well, including setting up vnodes, but shuffle fails.

We have 2 nodes, hosted on Amazon AWS

The steps we took (on each of our nodes) are pretty straight forward:
1. upgrade binaries
2. adjust cassandra.yaml (keep token)
3. nodetool upgradesstables
4. change cassandra.yaml to vnodes rather than tokens
5. restart cassandra
6. cassandra-shuffle create.

All the above went fine. However, the following fails:
cassandra-shuffle enable
*Failed to enable shuffling on 10.194.230.175!*

Note:
1. The failure is immediate, and consistent.
2. Calling shuffle create on either node prepares the shuffle files for
both.
3. I made sure both servers are communicating fine on both 9160 and 7199.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tamar

Tamar Rosen
Senior Data Architect