From Sávio Teles <>
Subject List<blob> retrieve performance
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2013 19:35:22 GMT
I have a column family with this conf:

  geom_key text PRIMARY KEY,
  part_geom list<blob>,
  the_geom text
  bloom_filter_fp_chance=0.010000 AND
  caching='KEYS_ONLY' AND
  comment='' AND
  dclocal_read_repair_chance=0.000000 AND
  gc_grace_seconds=864000 AND
  read_repair_chance=0.100000 AND
  replicate_on_write='true' AND
  populate_io_cache_on_flush='false' AND
  compaction={'class': 'SizeTieredCompactionStrategy'} AND
  compression={'sstable_compression': 'SnappyCompressor'};

I run this query "*select geom_key, the_geom, part_geom from geoms limit 1;*"
in 700ms.

When I run the same query without part_geom attr (*select geom_key,
the_geom from geoms limit 1;)*, the query runs in 5 ms.

*Is there a performance problem with a List<blob> attribute?

*Thanks in advance

Sávio S. Teles de Oliveira
voice: +55 62 9136 6996
Mestrando em Ciências da Computação - UFG
Arquiteto de Software
Laboratory for Ubiquitous and Pervasive Applications (LUPA) - UFG

View raw message