From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: For Multi Datacenter Geo redundancy which snitch works better
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 18:25:47 GMT
On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Ken Schell <ken.schell@rackspace.com>wrote:

>  Could you enlighten me with issues we could expect if we went with
> the RackInferringSnitch? It seems the smiplest  to maintain when adding
> nodes.

Almost no one uses it, so you are not assured that it has been shown to
work as expected, at scale. The code, however, is pretty simple, so it
probably does.

As to issues... many people in many different environments do not have
control over their IP assignments or unlimited blocks of IPs to preallocate
for future expansion. This makes it potentially awkward to add new hosts in
the future. As you are @rackspace.com, perhaps you do have this control. In
that case, the RackInferringSnitch is probably fine.

That said, anyone using a rack aware snitch should read :

=Rob