From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Flush writer all time blocked
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 18:39:48 GMT
On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Ken Hancock <ken.hancock@schange.com>wrote:

> I don't think this is strictly true?  There's also the periodic flush
> that can cause a storm of flushes if you have multiple column
> families.  I sent out a query to the list last week on this topic but
> didn't get any responses -- I'm very interested in this topic as I've
> had to set my queue size fairly large to avoid this issue.

Periodic flush?

Between 1.0 and 2.0, there is no time based flush mechanism for memtables.
FWIW, I'm glad it is being added back in 2.0, as operators often want to be
able to assert how long it will take for any given write to make it to disk.

(background at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2427 )

=Rob