From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 1.0.9 to 1.2.8
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 16:15:29 GMT
On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Mike Neir <mike@liquidweb.com> wrote:

> I'm faced with the need to update a 36 node cluster with roughly 25T of
> data on disk to a version of cassandra in the 1.2.x series. While it seems
> that 1.2.8 will play nicely in the 1.0.9 cluster long enough to do a
> rolling upgrade, I'd still like to have a roll-back plan in case the
> rolling upgrade goes sideways.

Upgrading two major versions online is an unsupported operation. I would
not expect it to work. Is there a detailed reason you believe it should
work between these versions? Also, instead of 1.2.8 you should upgrade to
1.2.9, released yesterday. Everyone headed to 2.0 has to pass through 1.2.9.

=Rob