From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Having 2 nodes with 100% Ownership ?
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 23:50:27 GMT
On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Morgan Segalis <msegalis@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I fetched the whole apache-cassandra (not the /var/lib/cassandra)
> folder from my first server to my second server.

Including the data directory for your keyspace? That's the simplest way to
do this operation in your case.

> So I'm sure to use the exact same version.
> I have changed the token of the second node
> to 85070591730234615865843651857942052864 as
> http://blog.milford.io/cassandra-token-calculator/ gave me.

Ok.

so I should update with

> update keyspace KEYSPACE_NAME with storage_options = {DC1 : 2};
>
> and then :
>
> $ nodetool repair (on both nodes)

Yes. If you pre-copy the sstables to the new node, this will go MUCH
faster, because it will only have to sync the data that has come into the
original node between the copy and the repair.

=Rob