From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Moving a cluster between networks.
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 17:42:40 GMT
On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 3:58 AM, Tim Wintle <timwintle@gmail.com> wrote:

> What would the best way to achieve this? (We can tolerate a fairly short
> period of downtime).

I think this would work, but may require a full cluster shutdown.

1) stop nodes on old network
2) set auto_bootstrap to false in the conf file (it's not in there, you
will have to add it to set it to false)
3) change the listen_address/seed lists/etc. in cassandra.yaml to be the
new ips
4) start nodes, seed nodes first

Basically I think the nodes will join, announce their new ip, not
bootstrap, and eventually the entire cluster will coalesce on new ips.

If I were you, I would probably try to set up a QA or test cluster with
similar setup.

=Rob