From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Configuring ephemeral only column family
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 17:54:39 GMT
On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Todd Nine <tnine@apigee.com> wrote:

>   We're using expiring columns as a mean for locking.

Perhaps a log structured data store with immutable data files is not ideal
for your use case?

If I were you, I'd put this use case in Redis and be done with it instead
of trying to get Cassandra to do something that is the opposite of what it
is optimized for.

> However, we're still seeing very wide rows in our sstables, which (I'm
> assuming) are due to tombstones since I only get < 10 columns back on
> a full range scan.

Don't assume, use tracing to show you how many tombstones are being read?

>  We're trying to eliminate the need to go to disk
> completely in the Locks\HLocks CF.    Is there anything further we can
> do?

populate_io_cache_on_flush option may help you.

=Rob