From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: configuring read write quorums in cassandra
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 20:52:11 GMT
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Muntasir Raihan Rahman <
muntasir.raihan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let us say I set read consistency level = ONE, and I am running the
> system for a while. Then I want to change the read consistency level
> to TWO so that reads now wait to hear back from 2 replicas instead of
> 1 before responding to the client.

In general, TWO is only for users who really know what they are doing. Most
users will use ONE or *_QUORUM.

But changing it is just a matter of changing the ConsistencyLevel of your
new requests, in your application code.

Changing *replication factor* is a bit more involved.

=Rob