From Jorge Bay Gondra <jorgebaygon...@gmail.com>
Subject CQL: Prepared statements
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 10:45:52 GMT
Hi,

I'm developing the Node.js CQL
Driver<https://github.com/jorgebay/node-cassandra-cql> and
I've just finished implementing prepared statements through the binary
protocol...

I would like to provide driver users some guidance (use prepared queries
when X / use normal queries when Y): Is there any good user documentation
on prepared statements that I could point to?

For me, I would recommend prepared statements because parameters are binary
encoded instead of being "stringified" as it happends while executing a
regular query. This is specially correct when dealing with blobs and other
binary data (blob bytes -> string -> bytes).

Thanks,