From "Joshua M. Thompson" <joshua.thomp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: High CPU usage with authentication enabled
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 20:22:40 GMT
On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Nate McCall <nate@thelastpickle.com> wrote:

> The bcrypt rounds are indeed expensive and ClientState should hold the
> result for the active connection. So it sounds like you are creating a lot
> of new connections and thus hitting that bcrypt penalty.

Thanks, that was my thought too but I was hoping I was wrong. I'm checking
with the phpcassa folks to see if there's a way to make connections persist
for the lifetime of the PHP-FPM processes...failing that I may just roll my
own auth module that's the same as the built-in but using something more
light-weight, like MD5. It's not ideal but it's better than turning off
authentication altogether.