From Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: cassandra snapshot 1.2.5 , stores ttl?
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 20:26:02 GMT
Snapshots just hardlink the existing SSTable files.  They don't "freeze"
the TTL or anything like that, so data can expire while snapshotted and it
will be converted to a tombstone when it's first compacted after you reload
it.  There's not an easy way to prevent this from happening.

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>