From Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: understanding memory footprint
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 09:10:17 GMT
if using 1.2.*, Bloom filters are in native memory so not pressuring your
heap, how many data do you have per node ? If this value is big, you have
samples index in the heap consuming a lot of memory, for sure, and growing
as your data per node grow.

Solutions : increase the heap if < 8GB and / or reduce
sampling index_interval: 128 to a bigger value (256 - 512) and /or wait for
2.0.* which, of the top of my head, should move the sampling in native
memory allowing heap size to be independent from the data size per node.

This should alleviate things. Yet these are only guesses since I know
almost nothing about your cluster...

Hope this help somehow.