From S C <as...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Flush writer all time blocked
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 18:04:49 GMT
Thanks Rob. Will it contribute to any performance problems?

Thanks,SC

Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 10:57:30 -0700
Subject: Re: Flush writer all time blocked
From: rcoli@eventbrite.com
To: user@cassandra.apache.org

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 10:49 AM, S C <asf11@outlook.com> wrote:

I see a high count "All time blocked" for Flush Writer on nodetool tpstats.
Is it how many blocked ever since the server was online? Can somebody explain me what it is?
I really appreciate it.

Yes.
Flush Writer thread pool is the thread pool responsible for the part of memtable flush that
actually writes to disk. If you see it with a non-zero blocked number, you have at some time
written to memory significantly faster than you could flush to disk.

=Rob