From Frank Stutz <frank.st...@xoom.com>
Subject What's difference between node tool removenode & decommission in 1.2.x
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:01:07 GMT
I'm a little bit confused on why the nodetool utility has a decommission and a removenode command.
 I speculate that decommission command just informs the other nodes that I'm going offline
and does not move the data off that node. Whereas removenode resync's the data/tokens to the
other nodes.   Although maybe I'm way off.

In short, I'm trying to remove a node and want to know the a good safe way to make sure its
tokens are moved to other nodes.  I will note that the other nodes should already have the
data, but I always prefer the safest way to insure data is not lost.

--Frank Stutz
The information transmitted in this email is intended only for the person or entity to which
it is addressed, and may contain material confidential to Xoom Corporation, and/or its subsidiary,
buyindiaonline.com Inc.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient(s) is prohibited.   If you received this email in error, please contact the sender
and delete the material from your files.