From Jan Algermissen <jan.algermis...@nordsc.com>
Subject Re: Choosing Java Driver for using Cassandra with Java EE7
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2013 15:35:39 GMT
Hi Andrew,

On 03.08.2013, at 14:30, Andrew Cobley <a.e.cobley@dundee.ac.uk> wrote:

> I've used most of the java drivers under Glashfish without a problem.  IMHO it's really
down to the functionality you require in your application.  The Java Driver form datastax
has the lowest learning curve  for any java programmer familiar with JDBC and I believe deals
with pool management.

With "The Java Driver form datastax" are you referring to cassandra-jdbc? Or the 'core' dirver
available at https://github.com/datastax/java-driver?

I tried building cassandra-jdbc from SVN like the Wiki[1] says, but got compile errors. Do
you know what the quality of cassandra-jdbc is?

Jan

> Just my .2 cents worth
>
> Andy
>

> On 3 Aug 2013, at 08:28, Jan Algermissen <jan.algermissen@nordsc.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I plan on using Cassandra in a Java EE7 (Glassfish) project and I wonder which driver
I should pick.

>> Can anyone make a recommendation which of the available drivers fits best into a
Java EE environment?