From Morgan Segalis <msega...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding my first node to another one...
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 15:24:06 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to wrap my head around Cassandra great ability to expand…

I have set up my first Cassandra node a while ago… it was working great, and data wasn't
so important back then.
Since I had a great experience with Cassandra I decided to migrate step by step my MySQL data
to Cassandra.

Now data start to be important, so I would like to create another node, and add it.
Since I had some issue with my DataCenter, I wanted to have a copy (of sensible data only)
on another DataCenter.

Quite frankly I'm still a newbie on Cassandra and need your guys help.

First things first…
Already up and Running Cassandra (Called A):
	- Do I need to change anything to the cassandra.yaml to make sure that another node can connect
? if yes, should I restart the node (because I would have to warn users about downtime) ?
	- Since this node should be a seed, the seed list is already set to localhost, is that good
enough ?

The new node I want to add (Called B):
	- I know that before starting this node, I should modify the seed list in cassandra.yaml…
Is that the only thing I need to do ?

It is my first time doing this, so please be gentle ;-)

Thank you all,

Morgan.