From Jan Algermissen <jan.algermis...@nordsc.com>
Subject Re: Choosing Java Driver for using Cassandra with Java EE7
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2013 15:36:39 GMT
Tony,

On 03.08.2013, at 16:36, Tony Anecito <adanecito@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I use the DataStax driver anm happy with it so far.

Thanks. Also the question: are you talking about https://github.com/datastax/java-driver
or cassandra-jdbc?

Jan

> Also, think about if driver is being worked on as Cassandra gets updated since CQL version
always getting improved so driver needs to improve wth it. So if driver developers not work
on it often then you should not use it. Also, I think DataStax driver might have more users
so DataStax get mre feedback for improvements and fixes.

> Just my 1 cent.
> -Tony

down to the functionality you require in your application.  The Java Driver form datastax
has the lowest learning curve  for any java programmer familiar with JDBC and I believe deals
with pool management.

> Just my .2 cents worth
>
> Andy
>

> On 3 Aug 2013, at 08:28, Jan Algermissen <jan.algermissen@nordsc.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I plan on using Cassandra in a Java EE7 (Glassfish) project and I wonder which driver
I should pick.

> > Can anyone make a recommendation which of the available drivers fits best into a
Java EE environment?