From <tamas.fold...@thomsonreuters.com>
Subject RE: fromIndex > toIndex in Cassandra 1.2.5
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 14:50:36 GMT
That's good news.
But the thing is - I don't have the client exception, so I cannot tell if this is what really
happens.
I checked the logs for each of our client applications, but no exceptions, so the only other
possibility is that someone manually runs a bad query. It's possible, but still a bit hard
to believe for me, as we don't have many devs working on this, but we still get the exception
many times a week, an noone claimed ownership... :)

Can you tell if the behaviour here is any different than in Cassandra 1.0? We did not get
any exceptions there at all, so it would give us some confidence to know if filtering did
change to let this through.

From: Nate McCall [mailto:nate@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: 19. august 2013 16:23
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: fromIndex > toIndex in Cassandra 1.2.5

This is potentially just a bad query. It looks like ThriftValidation#validateFilterClauses
just checks the indexes and values are of the right type and does not compare actual values.
In other words, the query could have made it that far with a bad comparison value.

What exception are you getting back on the client?

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 8:45 AM, <tamas.foldesi@thomsonreuters.com<mailto:tamas.foldesi@thomsonreuters.com>>