From Morgan Segalis <msega...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding my first node to another one...
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 22:26:12 GMT
Hi Rob,

Le 2 août 2013 à 00:15, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> a écrit :

> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Morgan Segalis <msegalis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually I was thinking I would like Cassandra choose by itself the token.
>
> You NEVER want Cassandra to choose its own token in production. There is no advantage
to doing so and significant risk when used as a matter of course. The conf file even says
you should manually specify tokens in production..

Ok, then I'll try to understand this token thing.

> How to make this node know that it will be a Seed.
>
> The only thing that makes a node a Seed is that any other node has it in its seed list.

Good to know, thanks !

> My current Node A is using Cassandra 1.1.0
>
> You should not run 1.1.0, it contains significant and serious bugs. You should upgrade
to the top of 1.1 series ASAP.

Of course I need to upgrade Cassandra, but I won't do that until I have another node than
can take the relay while I'm upgrading.

> Is it compatible if I install a new node with Cassandra 1.2.8 ? or should I fetch 1.1.0
for Node B ?

> It is not compatible, use 1.1.x with 1.1.x.

Yeah, that's what I though !

> =Rob

Thank you for your tips.