From Mohit Anchlia <mohitanch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra nodetool repair question
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 01:03:23 GMT
But node might be streaming data as well, in that case only option is to restart node that
started streaming operation

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 8, 2013, at 5:56 PM, Andrey Ilinykh <ailinykh@gmail.com> wrote:

> nodetool repair just triggers repair procedure. You can kill nodetool after start, it
doesn't change anything. To stop repair you have to use nodetool stop VALIDATION|COMPACTION

> Thank you,
>
>   Andrey
>

> On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Andy Losey <andrew@addthis.com> wrote:
>> Afternoon,
>>
>> We are noticing nodetool repair processes are not completing after a weeks worth
of time, and have resulted in some Cassandra nodes having more than one process running do
to cron scheduled. We are also chasing some performance degradation after upgrading all nodes
to version 1.2.8 last Friday and would like to resolve this multiple repairs running at once
issue in an effort to troubleshoot our performance issues.

>> We'd like to know more about what is happening with the repair option. Is there a
way to gracefully terminate them or any adverse affect to killing the processes we should
look out for?