From "Arthur Zubarev" <Arthur.Zuba...@Aol.com>
Subject Re: Deleting column data from Cassandra without setting its TTL
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 18:29:15 GMT
Not sure what client you use to interact with C*. In your scenario I assume it is CQL.

So what can go wrong with TRUNCATE?

Regards

Arthur

From: Suruchi Deodhar
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 12:23 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Deleting column data from Cassandra without setting its TTL

What is the best way to delete column data from a Cassandra cluster after it is backed up
with snapshots (using Priam or otherwise) to a stable storage?

We dont want to use the TTL option, since we would like to restore the backed-up data in the
Cassandra cluster at a later time.  Setting a TTL would enable the tombstone marker, which
would make it impossible to restore data.

What are the available options in Cassandra 1.2.5 in particular?

Thanks!