From Andy Losey <and...@addthis.com>
Subject Cassandra nodetool repair question
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 20:00:18 GMT
Afternoon,

We are noticing nodetool repair processes are not completing after a weeks worth of time,
and have resulted in some Cassandra nodes having more than one process running do to cron
scheduled. We are also chasing some performance degradation after upgrading all nodes to version
1.2.8 last Friday and would like to resolve this multiple repairs running at once issue in
an effort to troubleshoot our performance issues.

We'd like to know more about what is happening with the repair option. Is there a way to gracefully
terminate them or any adverse affect to killing the processes we should look out for?

Thanks,
--
Andy L