From "Arthur Zubarev" <Arthur.Zuba...@Aol.com>
Subject Re: Deleting column data from Cassandra without setting its TTL
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 19:49:43 GMT
I understand the intent is to remove select columns, then the simple DELETE would do.

The other way of doing things is probably having empty placeholders for the dates/data.

/Arthur

From: Suruchi Deodhar
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 2:38 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org ; Arthur Zubarev
Subject: Re: Deleting column data from Cassandra without setting its TTL

We are using the cassandra thrift interface to interact with Cassandra.

In our use case, we store time-series data with one column per day (per row-key) , and we
have a fixed number of column families to store data over time. Since we have data for hundreds
of days, we cannot create column-families for individual time-ranges easily ( if that's what
you're suggesting). Is there another way we can achieve what we intend to do ?

Thanks