From Frank Stutz <frank.st...@xoom.com>
Subject Re: What's difference between node tool removenode & decommission in 1.2.x
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:10:14 GMT
Thanks for clarification.   ;-)

--Frank
On Aug 13, 2013, at 10:06 AM, Jasdeep Hundal <dsjas297@gmail.com<mailto:dsjas297@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Decommission moves the data from the node being decommissioned to the other nodes that will
now have ownership over the data.

Removenode will stream the data that node is responsible for from other replicas, and AFAIK
is generally used when a node is offline and cannot be brought back up.

I think you'll want to go with calling 'nodetool decommission' on the node you're trying to
remove here.

Jasdeep

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Frank Stutz <frank.stutz@xoom.com<mailto:frank.stutz@xoom.com>>