From Mike Neir <m...@liquidweb.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 1.0.9 to 1.2.8
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 16:41:20 GMT
In my testing, mixing 1.0.9 and 1.2.8 seems to work fine as long as there is no
need to do streaming operations (move/repair/bootstrap/etc). The reading I've
done confirms that 1.2.x should be network-compatible with 1.0.x, sans streaming
operations. Datastax seems to indicate here that doing a rolling upgrade from
1.0.x to 1.2.x is viable:

http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/1.2/webhelp/#upgrade/upgradeC_c.html#concept_ds_nht_czr_ck

See the second bullet point in the Prerequisites section.

I'll look into 1.2.9. It wasn't available when I started my testing.

MN

--

Mike Neir
Liquid Web, Inc.