From Keith Freeman <8fo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: insert performance (1.2.8)
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 13:56:13 GMT
Ok, I'll try prepared statements.   But while sending my statements
async might speed up my client, it wouldn't improve throughput on the
cassandra nodes would it?  They're running at pretty high loads and only
about 10% idle, so my concern is that they can't handle the data any
faster, so something's wrong on the server side.  I don't really think
there's anything on the client side that matters for this problem.

Of course I know there are obvious h/w things I can do to improve server
performance: SSDs, more RAM, more cores, etc.  But I thought the servers
I have would be able to handle more rows/sec than say Mysql, since write
speed is supposed to be one of Cassandra's strengths.