From Keith Freeman <8fo...@gmail.com>
Subject write load while idle?
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 23:46:59 GMT
I have a 3-node cluster running 1.2.8, and with no clients connected
(for about an hour) opscenter is showing a heartbeat-like pattern for
total writes in the "Cluster Reads & Writes" panel on the dashboard
ranging from about 10/sec to 26/sec.  Total reads on the other hand are
showing a straight line hovering just barely above 0/sec.  There are no
compactions, etc. (the logs are totally quiet).

Is this normal?  I'm new to cassandra so maybe this is normal but I
couldn't find an explanation in the docs and it seems pretty high for an
idle system.