From Keith Freeman <8fo...@gmail.com>
Subject clarification of token() in CQL3
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 14:12:56 GMT
I've seen in several places the advice to use queries like to this page
through lots of rows:
> select id from mytable where token(id) > token(last_id)

But it's hard to find detailed information about how this works (at
least that I can understand -- the description in the Cassandra manual
is pretty brief).

One thing I'd like to know is if new rows are always guaranteed to have
token(new_id) > token(ids-of-all-previous-rows)?  E.g. if I have one
process that adds rows to a table, and another that processes rows from
the table, can the "processor" save the id of the last row processed and
when he wakes up use:

    select * from mytable where token(id) > token(last_processed_id)

to process only new rows?  Will this always work to get only new rows?