From Eric Evans <eev...@sym-link.com>
Subject [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 2.0.0 RC 1
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 19:44:23 GMT

The Cassandra team is pleased to announce the first release candidate for
Apache Cassandra 2.0.0.

As a release candidate, we're working to establish that this is relatively
free of obvious bugs before calling it Done.  Bottom line, if you aren't
willing to test pre-production software and report bugs[3], you should
probably wait for the final release.

Source and binary downloads are available from the website.

  http://cassandra.apache.org/download

The Debian repository will need to wait until Sylvain's return, I apologize
(again) for the inconvenience.  If you need the package before then, you
can download and manually install it from:

  http://people.apache.org/~eevans

As usual, please pay attention to the release notes[2] and let us know if
you encounter any issues.

Thanks, and Enjoy.

[1]: http://goo.gl/ZRB5aW (CHANGES.txt)
[2]: http://goo.gl/h55Zsq (NEWS.txt)