From "Arthur Zubarev" <Arthur.Zuba...@Aol.com>
Subject Re: How often to run `nodetool repair`
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 18:28:31 GMT
Hi Carl,

The ‘repair’ is for data reads. Compaction will take care of the expired data.

The fact a repair runs long makes me think the nodes receive unbalanced amounts of writes
rather.

Regards,

Arthur

From: Carl Lerche
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 12:35 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: How often to run `nodetool repair`

Hello,

I read in the docs that `nodetool repair` should be regularly run unless no delete is ever
performed. In my app, I never delete, but I heavily use the ttl feature. Should repair still
be run regularly? Also, does repair take less time if it is run regularly? If not, is there
a way to incrementally run it? It seems that when I do run repair, it takes a long time and
causes high amounts CPU usage and iowait.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Carl