From brianchang <brian_chan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Continue running major compaction after switching to LeveledCompactionStrategy
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 00:24:12 GMT
Thanks much Edward!

One more follow-up question: can we freely switch back to
SizeTieredCompactionStrategy later (and also resume running major compaction
cron job), if we find LeveledCompactionStrategy does not end up with better
performance (e.g., if we should experience those intensive I/O problems
mentioned in the "when not to use Leveled Compaction" document)...?

Hopefully there will not be side effect by the rollback (e.g., the sstable
tree structure, etc)...

Brian