From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 2.0.0 RC 1
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 20:17:48 GMT
Congradulations on all your hard work!

Can 1.2.5 run alongside of 2.0.0 RC 1?

Thanks,
-Tony

From: Eric Evans <eevans@sym-link.com>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2013 1:44 PM
Subject: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 2.0.0 RC 1

The Cassandra team is pleased to announce the first release candidate for
Apache Cassandra 2.0.0.

As a release candidate, we're working to establish that this is relatively
free of obvious bugs before calling it Done.  Bottom line, if you aren't
willing to test pre-production software and report bugs[3], you should
probably wait for the final release.

Source and binary downloads are available from the website.

  http://cassandra.apache.org/download

The Debian repository will need to wait until Sylvain's return, I apologize
(again) for the inconvenience.  If you need the package before then, you
can download and manually install it from:

  http://people.apache.org/~eevans

As usual, please pay attention to the release notes[2] and let us know if
you encounter any issues.

Thanks, and Enjoy.

[1]: http://goo.gl/ZRB5aW(CHANGES.txt)
[2]: http://goo.gl/h55Zsq(NEWS.txt)