From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Any good GUI based tool to manage data in Casandra?
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 18:18:14 GMT
Thanks Nick for your reply. Good to know that. I knew OpsCenter was mainly schema management.

Best Regards,
-Tony

________________________________
 From: Nick Bailey <nick@datastax.com>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: Any good GUI based tool to manage data in Casandra?

OpsCenter allows CRUD of column families  themselves (although not CQL3 column families).
It only allows viewing the data inside column families though, no support for writing or updating.

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Aaron Morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:

I think on of the versions of ops centre has the feature http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/datastax-opscenter

>otherwise people use the cassandra-cli or cqlsh.
>

>Cheers
>

>-----------------
>Aaron Morton
>Cassandra Consultant
>New Zealand
>

>@aaronmorton
>http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
>On 7/08/2013, at 1:28 AM, Tony Anecito <adanecito@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>Thanks Aaron. I found that before I asked the question and Helenos seems the closest but
it does not allow you to easily use CRUD like say SQL Server Management tools where you can
get a list of say 1,000 records in a grid control and select rows for deletion or insert or
update.

>>I will look closer at that one since this is the reply from the team but if users
on this email list have other suggestions please do not hesitate to reply.

>>Many Thanks,
>>-Tony

seen tools but they seem to be schema management or explorer to just view data. IT would be
great to delete/inset rows or update values for a column via GUI.