From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Choosing Java Driver for using Cassandra with Java EE7
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2013 14:36:42 GMT
I use the DataStax driver anm happy with it so far. Also, think about if driver is being worked
on as Cassandra gets updated since CQL version always getting improved so driver needs to
improve wth it. So if driver developers not work on it often then you should not use it. Also,
I think DataStax driver might have more users so DataStax get mre feedback for improvements
and fixes.

Just my 1 cent.
-Tony

From: Andrew Cobley <a.e.cobley@dundee.ac.uk>
To: "<user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 3, 2013 6:30 AM
Subject: Re: Choosing Java Driver for using Cassandra with Java EE7

I've used most of the java drivers under Glashfish without a problem.  IMHO it's really down
to the functionality you require in your application.  The Java Driver form datastax has
the lowest learning curve  for any java programmer familiar with JDBC and I believe deals
with pool management.

Just my .2 cents worth

Andy

On 3 Aug 2013, at 08:28, Jan Algermissen <jan.algermissen@nordsc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I plan on using Cassandra in a Java EE7 (Glassfish) project and I wonder which driver
I should pick.

> Can anyone make a recommendation which of the available drivers fits best into a Java
EE environment?