From "Christopher Wirt" <chris.w...@struq.com>
Subject RE: Reducing the number of vnodes
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 13:41:45 GMT
1.2.4. Really hesitant to upgrade versions due to the inevitable issues it
will cause.

Guess I could upgrade a single node and let that run for a while before
upgrading all nodes.

From: Haithem Jarraya [mailto:a-hjarraya@expedia.com]
Sent: 05 August 2013 13:04
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Reducing the number of vnodes

Chris,

Which C* version are you running?

You might want to do an upgrade to the latest version before reducing the
vnode counts, a lot of fixes and improvement went in lately, it might help
you getting your repair faster.

On 5 Aug 2013, at 12:30, Christopher Wirt <chris.wirt@struq.com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm thinking about reducing the number of vnodes per server.

We have 3 DC setup - one with 9 nodes, two with 3 nodes each.

Each node has 256 vnodes. We've found that repair operations are beginning
to take too long.

Is reducing the number of vnodes to 64/32 likely to help our situation?

What options do I have for achieving this in a live cluster?

Thanks,

Chris