I see pretty much the same formulation in the 1.2 docs, so I'm wondering what would be the best rewrite of that paragraph?

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 9:00 AM, hajjat <hajjat@purdue.edu> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 5:05 AM, aaron morton [via [hidden email]] <[hidden email]> wrote:
“/Insert-heavy workloads will actually be CPU-bound in Cassandra before being
memory-bound/”
What is the source for that ?

​​

This is because everything is
*first *written to the commit log *on disk*. Any thoughts??
Pretty much.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton

“/Insert-heavy workloads will actually be CPU-bound in Cassandra before being
memory-bound/”

However, from reading the documentation
(http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.2/dml/about_writes) it seems the disk is the
real bottleneck in Writes rather than the CPU. This is because everything is
*first *written to the commit log *on disk*. Any thoughts??

NAML

--
Mohammad Hajjat
Ph.D. Student