For what its worth.  I did this when I had this problem.  It didn't work out for me.  Perhaps I did something wrong.

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 7:04 AM, ifjke <j.kesten@enercast.de> wrote:
I found that one of my cassandra nodes died recently (machine hangs). I restarted the node an run a nodetool repair, while running it has thrown a org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.CorruptBlockException. Is there any way to recover from this? Or would it be best to delete the nodes contents and bootstrap it again?

If you "scrub" this SSTable (either with the online or offline version of "scrub") it will remove the corrupt data and re-write the rest of the SSTable which isn't corrupt into a new SSTable. That is probably safer for your data than deleting the entire set of data on this replica. When that's done, restart the repair.

=Rob