have u dropped the JNA jar? Looks like the mmap is failing.

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 8:15 AM, Glyn Davies <gdavies@omnifone.com> wrote:

Hi,

Just starting to experiment with Cassandra, and have hit an early snag.

I'm using 1.2.6 on Ubuntu AWS m1.xlarge instances with the Datastax Community package and have tried using Java versions jdk1.7.0_25 jre1.6.0_45
Also testing with and withoutlibjna-java

However, something has triggered a bug in the CassandraDaemon:

ERROR [COMMIT-LOG-ALLOCATOR] 2013-07-05 15:00:51,663 CassandraDaemon.java (line 192) Exception in thread Thread[COMMIT-LOG-ALLOCATOR,5,main]
java.lang.InternalError: a fault occurred in a recent unsafe memory access operation in compiled Java code
at org.apache.cassandra.db.commitlog.CommitLogSegment.<init>(CommitLogSegment.java:126)
at org.apache.cassandra.db.commitlog.CommitLogSegment.freshSegment(CommitLogSegment.java:81)
at org.apache.cassandra.db.commitlog.CommitLogAllocator.createFreshSegment(CommitLogAllocator.java:250)
at org.apache.cassandra.db.commitlog.CommitLogAllocator.access$500(CommitLogAllocator.java:48)
at org.apache.cassandra.db.commitlog.CommitLogAllocator$1.runMayThrow(CommitLogAllocator.java:104)
at org.apache.cassandra.utils.WrappedRunnable.run(WrappedRunnable.java:28)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This brought two nodes down out of a three node cluster using QUORUM write with 3 replicas.
Restarting the node replays this error, so I have the system in a 'stable' unstable state which is probably a good place for trouble shooting.

Presumably something a client wrote triggered this situation, and the other third node was to be the final replication point and is thus still up.

Any suggestions on next steps?
I've had a good google for the error combinations, but didn't find any hits.

Thanks,

Glyn