On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 1:48 AM, <rektide@voodoowarez.com> wrote:
Question; if we're co-locating our Cassandra and our compute application on the same nodes, are there any in-use
patterns in Cassandra user (or Cassandra dev) applications for having the compute application only pull data off the
localhost Cassandra process? If we have the ability to manage where we do compute, what options are there for keeping
compute happening on local data as much as possible?

The Hadoop support provides Hadoop-like support for locality. One presumes you could make use of this functionality even if you were not actually running Hadoop map/reduce as the compute application.

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/HadoopSupport#ClusterConfig

=Rob