Thanks Jeremiah, those are great suggestions.

Unfortunately, I have done a full repair and compaction on that CF, but the ranged tombstones remain.

-Jeff

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Jeremiah D Jordan <jeremiah.jordan@gmail.com> wrote:
To force clean out a tombstone.

1. Stop doing deletes on the CF, or switch to performing all deletes at ALL
2. Run a full repair of the cluster for that CF.
3. Change GC grace to be small, like 5 seconds or something for that CF
Either:
4. Find all sstables which have that row key in them using sstable2keys/json
5. Use JMX to force those tables to compact with each other.
Or
4. Do a major compaction on that CF.

-Jeremiah