On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Todd Fast <todd@digitalexistence.com> wrote:
Franc--

I think you will find Mutagen Cassandra very interesting; it is similar to schema management tools like Flyway for SQL databases:

Oops - forgot to mention in my original email that we will be looking into Mutagen Cassandra in the medium term. I'm after something with a low barrier to entry initially as we are quite time constrained.

cheers

Mutagen Cassandra is a framework (based on Mutagen) that provides schema versioning and mutation for Apache Cassandra.

Mutagen is a lightweight framework for applying versioned changes (known as mutations) to a resource, in this case a Cassandra schema. Mutagen takes into account the resource's existing state and only applies changes that haven't yet been applied.

Schema mutation with Mutagen helps you make manageable changes to the schema of live Cassandra instances as you update your software, and is especially useful when used across development, test, staging, and production environments to automatically keep schemas in sync.

https://github.com/toddfast/mutagen-cassandra

Todd