Output of describe command is:

[default@Test] describe CompositeColumnNameTest;

    ColumnFamily: CompositeColumnNameTest

      Key Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type

      Default column value validator: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type

      Columns sorted by: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.CompositeType(org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type,org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Ty

pe,org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type,org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type,org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type)

      GC grace seconds: 864000

      Compaction min/max thresholds: 4/32

      Read repair chance: 0.1

      DC Local Read repair chance: 0.0

      Replicate on write: true

      Caching: KEYS_ONLY

      Bloom Filter FP chance: default

      Built indexes: []

      Compaction Strategy: org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.SizeTieredCompactionStrategy

      Compression Options:

        chunk_length_kb: 64

        sstable_compression: org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.SnappyCompressor

Vivek. The problem was not with this composite column.

I was loading yet another column (not composite) which was getting data in the below format:

a40be0d3-5c49-446d-a835-ef6af29c016e

bc79d3ef-18fd-4891-8b2c-1fdae404318c

bf15fa45-176c-4749-8481-2c8a2f9dd70f

It is a key (String) which I need to store along with the other data. If I leave out this column alone, my loader program works well.

Till it comes to my program, it is displayed as String. But, during insert, I get the exception.

Could you please suggest what data type am I supposed to use for such data?

Thanks and Regards

Anand