http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compare-and-swap

I believe C* uses Paxos for CAS but not completely sure?

--
Francisco Andrades Grassi
www.bigjocker.com

On Jul 1, 2013, at 1:49 PM, "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov> wrote:

What does CAS stand for? And is that the row locking feature like hbase's
setAndReadWinner that you give the previous val and next val and your next
val is returned if you won otherwise the current result is returned and
you know some other node won?

Thanks,
Dean