Righto !

Will do a JIRA report..

Many thanks

Andy

On 16 Jul 2013, at 18:50, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com>
 wrote:

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 1:16 AM, Andrew Cobley <a.e.cobley@dundee.ac.uk> wrote:
I'm setting up a new test cluster using  2.0.0-beta1 and I noticed the following behaviour with vnodes turned on.  I bring up one node all well and good.  however if I bring up a second node, that can't contact the first (the first being the seed for the second) after a short period of time, the second goes ahead and assumes it's the only node and bootstraps with all tokens.  Is this correct behaviour? I'd have thought it would halt with a "Can't contact seed" message to avoid the  node starting in a possibly mis-confgured state ?

It should do this, but currently does not. Obviously if you have defined a seed and cannot contact it, the node should not start as a cluster of one. I have a to-do list item to file a JIRA on the subject, but if you wanted to file and link us, that'd be super. :)

=Rob